10/28/2010

NES vs. iPhone / iPod touch



Okay, I admit it. This post will be a little off-topic. Yesterday, I was randomly browsing the app store for free games. After downloading a few, I started playing Giant Moto, a little dirt bike, motocross obstacle racing game.


Does this remind anybody of some other, oooold game?



The game above is called Excitebike for the NES, ... 25 years old and another Nintendo classic! Both games have an almost identical gameplay with mostly the same game features, such as a "turbo", which will eventually overheat the engine if you overuse it or similar jumps and obstacles. 

So if you liked Excitebike and you are looking for a mobile version, that is close to the original, you should give Giant Moto by Tim Miller a try!

If you don't have an iPod touch or iPhone, but still own a NES, this is even cooler. Nintendo Entertainment System is pure nostalgia!














Click the image and download Giant Moto from iTunes.
moto

22 comments:

  1. And the remake for excitebike is what $10 or something on the wii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool....iphone is very good for games...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've played the original but not the new one lmao i kinda wish i had an ipod touch right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember putting so much money into the excitebike arcade game as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg awesome awesome awesome.
    Thanks xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. just got these, thx alot :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha cool, thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have excitebike on my DOS pc although i could never figure out the controls which kinda really annoyed me :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks terribad.

    Excitebike is awesomet hough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, i love Excitebike, that bikes sounded like farts....

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved excitebike, i think of it every time i play trials.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty interesting stuff you got here. Can't wait for some SNES stuff, as that is my specialty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. overpriced rebadged same game... how nice 1!

    ReplyDelete
  14. excite bike is one of my all time favorite games. i have the theme song as my phone ringer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been a fan of iPhone/TOuch games, it's something I have never managed to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many old games are made for phones etc.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha even though the new systems have better graphics, I would prefer to see the old style graphics on the new devices. Retro ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a game I can get into.

    ReplyDelete
  19. man, i remember playing excitebike when i was little, thanks for making me feel old.

    ReplyDelete